ECHO Music Therapy is a Music Therapy Private Practice in Lee’s Summit, Missouri and Surrounding areas. We have an enthusiastic and dynamic approach to helping clients achieve their goals through music, movement, and improvisation. Our Private and Group sessions help give clients the opportunity to grow and learn while achieving their communication, cognitive, motor, and Social/Emotional goals. Our services are provided to those with all levels of musical ability and to all ages.
The ECHO Vision
Echo Music Therapy will Provide:
- Evidence-Based, individualized one-on-one sessions with clients in the comfort of their homes.
- Group sessions for individuals to enhance their experiences and quality of life.
- School based music therapy sessions to promote academic learning and development.
- Music Therapy, that is based on enhancing the quality of life for clients and their family members. As the music therapist, I will provide to my best ability, meaningful therapy to help the clients and their families with their goals and objectives. I will implement this through pacing, patience, and the understanding of each individual client’s situation. I will facilitate Music Therapy sessions that will either be a one-on-one session, or a group session depending on the clients’, their needs, and the circumstances at hand.
About the Staff
Laura Wilson MT-BC
Laura Wilson MT-BC founded ECHO Music Therapy Services, LLC in September 2017 in her home town Lee’s Summit, MO. When Laura began pursuing a Music Therapy degree at the University of Kansas, she envisioned using music to help kids and adults more deeply connect and communicate with people around them.
Laura has experience working with the following populations:
- Child with Optic Nerve Dysplasia who also exhibited having difficulties with motor neglect.
- Older adults within an Assisted living center, Nursing home, and Dementia/Memory Care.
- Adolescents who have experienced abuse and neglect.
- Adolescents with Mental and Emotional Diagnosis (Anxiety, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Etc)
- Infants/toddlers who visit the Dr.’s office for various appointments.
- Children and Adolescents within a School district working on academic learning and development.